Få viten om produktbilder, bilderedigering, og 'best practice' for optimering av produktbilder til netthandel.
The search did not return any hits. Please try again!
Shadow Options for Jewelry Product Images
Make your Jewelry products shine online
1. Natural shadow
While photographing jewelry, it’s harder to create a natural shadow just by utilizing lighting techniques. In these instances, post-production work can help create the desired appearance of your jewelry. Not a wiz with Photoshop? No problem.
Watch this video to see how to create a natural shadow using Photoshop.
- First start with a layer of your jewelry image and then a layer with a white fill background behind the jewelry image. Now select the white area around your jewelry image to mask out the jewelry from the background. And make sure to refine your edges so it has a smooth transition.
- Select a small area around the bottom of your jewelry. This will be the darkest part of the shadow. Refine the edge of your selection very carefully to create a soft, curves layer. Now, darken that adjustment to give it a dark oval under the bottom of your piece of jewelry.
- Select a “talk bubble” around the space just to the right of your piece of jewelry and refine that selection to be very soft. Make a curves layer, and then darken it to match your tiny shadow.
- Last, brush out parts of your adjustment to make a smooth gradient from dark to black. And then adjust the opaqueness if needed to make it look more realistic.
2. Reflection shadow
If you’d like to make your images a little more visually appealing to create a sense of environment, try a reflection shadow. A reflection shadow will make your product look as though it were photographed on a reflective surface like a mirror. Want to try adding this type of shadow?
Watch the video to see how to create a reflection shadow using Photoshop.
- First start with a layer of your jewelry image and then a layer with a white fill background behind that jewelry image. Now select the white area around your jewelry image to mask out the piece of jewelry from the background. Then, refine your edges so it has a smooth transition.
- Duplicate your jewelry layer and transform your layer vertically so it is a mirrored image to your original. Position it directly below your product so it matches up to the bottom.
- Add a faded gradient mask to your reflection layer so it looks as though it is fading off into the ground. Now add a little blur to your reflection layer so it isn’t as sharp as your product layer.
- Last, make your jewelry stand out and look even more realistic: Add a tiny shadow below the bottom of your product by adding a feathered selection curves and make it darker. This allows your jewelry to feel grounded.
3. Drop shadow
Most jewelry is photographed from above as a lay-down image. For these images, we recommend using a drop shadow to create a sense of light source streaming in. Want to use drop shadows for your jewelry product images?
Follow our steps below and watch the video to see how to create a drop shadow using Photoshop.
- First start with a layer of your jewelry image and then a layer with a white fill background behind that jewelry image. Now select the white area around your jewelry image to mask out the jewelry from the background. Then, refine your edges so it has a smooth transition.
- Duplicate your product layer and make a selection of your product. Fill this selection with 50% grey.
- Next, blur this layer to however you would like to make your shadows look—more dramatic and harsh or softer, more even shadows.
- Last, make a mask on your shadow layer and brush out the top portion of the top of the product and the top portion of the bottom of the product. You will notice there is only a shadow on the parts of your product that would be “touching” the ground. This helps make your jewelry look very realistic.
Start adding shadows to your jewelry product images to make them look professional and check how they can help elevate your brand. Plus it helps make all of your jewelry truly shine online, ultimately making your products more appealing to customers and one click closer to buying online.
JA TAKK, JEG VIL GJERNE HOLDES OPPDATERT
Sammendrag fra bloggen sendes to ganger om måneden